About Our School
Tupelo Middle School is located in the heart of Tupelo, MS, and serves as the only school for seventh and eighth grade students in the Tupelo Public School District. Educational attainment, academic success, and community involvement are important to students, parents, and the school district.
The school's motto, "Committed to Student Success", denotes the importance of the adolescent years and the significant role the middle school's instructional process plays in preparing young people for future endeavors. TMS is committed to providing the appropriate platform to connect students, parents, and school staff to the community.
Tupelo Middle School will be the best all-around middle school in the state of Mississippi.
The mission of Tupelo Middle School is to produce successful students through engaging lessons utilizing a rigorous curriculum in a nurturing, safe, and orderly environment.
- An active partnership between home, school, and community is crucial to academic and social success.
- ALL students CAN learn.
- Being positive is contagious.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts in order to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Each student has unique needs, interests, and abilities.
- Education must encourage personal growth, self-esteem, and mutual respect.
- Stated guidelines for behavior and consistent discipline are necessary components of a safe, orderly environment.
- Assessment of educational outcomes is essential in order to monitor student learning.