About Our School
Joyner Elementary is a fully accredited, exemplary school with a rich tradition of academic accomplishments. Community involvement is paramount. Joyner School has a legacy of developing highly motivated, astute students, many of whom have become successful leaders in our community and state. Opened in 1952, Joyner has enjoyed over fifty years of excellence while celebrating the past and building for the future.
Joyner Elementary School is committed to developing a strong foundation of learning for all students. Academic growth is enhanced through providing a safe environment, recognizing individual differences, emphasizing innovative thinking and creating academic expectations. Through a shared vision by teachers, parents and community, Joyner Elementary School strives for excellence in education.
- All students can learn, all students can achieve, and all students can succeed.
- Learning is enhanced when developing appropriate and varied instructional approaches are provided.
- Active participation creates optimal learning.
- Individual student achievement should be monitored through formal and informal assessments.
- High student expectations yield higher student performance and accomplishments.
- Student learning is promoted through a safe and comfortable environment.
- All students are expected to achieve proficiency in mathematics, language, and reading.
- Each student is unique and warrants positive respect to enhance self-esteem.
- Successful students are the result of a shared responsibility among the teachers, parents, and community.