The Tupelo Public School District serves the community by engaging each
student in an excellent education that develops skills and citizenship
needed for success in a global society.
Goal 1: Increase student achievement across the District.
• Ensure a rigorous standards based curriculum with rich resources and evidenced based
• Provide data driven academic supports to close the achievement gap.
• Demonstrate an accelerated growth model for all students.
• Emphasize writing across the curriculum.
• Enhance creative arts P-12.
• Increase student engagement and motivation.
Goal 2: Provide a safe, secure and orderly environment in all schools.
• Maintain multi-levels of security protocols that include infrastructure, crisis management, and trained personnel.
• Promote consistently high expectations and support for students and staff in classroom and school-wide behavior.
• Develop an alternative model for wrap around services that include social/emotional support.
• Expect professional behavior from all employees.
• Structure the environment for successful positive behavior and relationships.
Goal 3: Attract and retain all stakeholders.
• Identify ALL stakeholders and their needs.
• Brand and promote our value.
• Build a strong communication structure that allows TPSD to hear from our stakeholders and relays vital information to our stakeholders.
Goal 4: Maintain sound financial stability.
• Provide resources in alignment with board goals and demonstrated needs provided by the school communities.
• Provide site specific budget support throughout the fiscal year.
Goal 5: Ensure ALL graduates are career/college ready.
• Emphasize creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication.
• Promote information literacy, technology literacy, leadership, initiative, productivity, social skills, and adaptability.