Frequently Asked Questions
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Carver staff and I are looking forward to another school year together! We are committed to making this an exciting year full of joy and one to result in precious memories for your family and children. At Carver, we know the importance of these years in your child’s life, and the important role school plays in their happiness and quality of life. We take this responsibility very seriously. Our goal as Carver Cubs is to create an environment for all students to thrive, learn and grow while keeping our students, staff and entire school community safe. Below, you will find an outline of frequently asked questions.
● K-2 instructional school day will be 7:50 a.m. until 2:40 p.m.
● On the first day of school, students will be supported by school staff to get to their classrooms.
● Arrival --Doors will open to receive students at 7:15 a.m. Students who report to school at 7:30 or after will have the opportunity to report directly to their classrooms with their designated teacher. Those arriving before may wait with students from different classrooms and with on duty staff members.
● Dismissal --Students will depart using various exits on campus beginning at 2:40 p.m. Car riders will dismiss on the drive between the main school building and the playground, the same location as last year. Bus and daycare students will dismiss from the front parking lot, the same location as last year.
● All school supplies will be provided for all students.
● All special services will still be offered to students who qualify for those supports such as special education, English Learner interventions and Tier II and Tier III support.
● Teachers will determine individual learning gaps in August. Interventions and extra support will be planned for students as needed to close any learning gaps. Those needing additional academic and behavior support will be provided Tier II or Tier III services based on identified needs.
● Breakfast and lunch will be provided by our cafeteria staff. Students will eat their meals in the cafeteria.
○ Lunch Meal Price: K-12 $3.00, Reduced Price: $0.40 for all grades
○ Breakfast Meal Price: Pre K-12 $1.50, Reduced Price: $0.30 for all grades
● Carver will be a peanut/nut free school again this year. Please help us by adhering to the following food allergy safety guidelines. More details to come from our nurse when school begins.
- Please do not send any food items to be eaten as snacks in our classrooms with ingredient labels indicating they contain peanuts or nuts.
- Please do not send any food items with ingredient labels indicating they were manufactured in a factory that processes nuts. Example, Hershey plain chocolates and some jelly beans.
● Handwashing and sanitization will be a significant focus for helping students to learn and practice healthy habits throughout the school day.
● Specials (Art, Music, PE, Media & Technology) will continue to be offered to students on a rotational basis.
● Recess is also included as a part of our students’ daily schedule with only one class on each recess or playground area at a time.
● Additional outdoor classroom locations will be designated for extending instructional opportunities for students.
● A full-time school nurse will be at Carver Monday – Friday each week.
● Our Carver Cub assembly will be held once a month to recognize our students of the month.
● How does my student access Renaissance to take an AR test?
Below is the link to log in:
You will need your child’s login information.
- First, click on the Renaissance App
- Next, click on the Accelerated Reader button
- Then, using the search box, you can search for the book
Contact Person: Lauren Hall
● There will be joy and fun in our day! We will work tirelessly to make Carver school a place of joy for all children.
At Carver, our teachers, staff and I are ready to welcome your children in August as if they are our own. We desire for experiences at Carver to be those that will encourage, inspire, and motivate your child to be the very best he or she can be. We believe it takes a partnership with our parents, families, and community to make this happen. Our expectation of helping students demonstrate being responsible, respectful, resourceful, and safe each and every day will not waver. We look forward to your continued partnership and support in making 2022-2023 school year one that allows your child solid educational experiences at Carver.
If you should have any additional questions or concerns during this registration process, please do not hesitate to reach out by calling our main office at 841-8870. We are always glad to help.
Partners in learning,
Christy Carroll and the Carver Team