The mission of Lawndale Elementary School is to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of ALL students, with a culture of support and sharing and whose main purpose is student learning.
- A quality education is the foundation of an effective society.
- An active partnership between home, school, and community is crucial to academic and social success.
- Learning is an ever-changing process.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts in order to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Each student has unique interests, needs and abilities.
- Education must encourage personal growth, self-esteem and mutual respect.
- Education must recognize and respect diversity.
- Effective education requires an investment of human and financial resources.
- Stated guidelines for behavior and consistent discipline are necessary components of a safe, orderly environment.
- Assessment of educational outcomes is essential in order to monitor student learning.