Joyner Elementary School is committed to developing a strong foundation of learning for all students. Academic growth is enhanced through providing a safe environment, recognizing individual differences, emphasizing innovative thinking and creating academic expectations. Through a shared vision by teachers, parents and community, Joyner Elementary School strives for excellence in education.
- All students can learn, all students can achieve, and all students can succeed.
- Learning is enhanced when developing appropriate and varied instructional approaches are provided.
- Active participation creates optimal learning.
- Individual student achievement should be monitored through formal and informal assessments.
- High student expectations yield higher student performance and accomplishments.
- Student learning is promoted through a safe and comfortable environment.
- All students are expected to achieve proficiency in mathematics, language, and reading.
- Each student is unique and warrants positive respect to enhance self-esteem.
- Successful students are the result of a shared responsibility among the teachers, parents, and community.